Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Shower

 

 
After the last piece I decided I wanted to give another go at flat colors. Turns out--they're great. This slaps and I feel so POWERFUL!!! AHHHHH!!!

This is heavily inspired by the work of @rhabarberei, specifically a Tifa/Aerith image set she did. For my money, Maren is the best wlw artist on Twitter, and the way she uses flat colors is gorgeous. Go check out her work! Again, it's a really incredible style, but I think I should do painting studies with it before I try another full image this way.

This took about 11 hours total because I was constantly figuring things out and trying new things. I really wore myself out with this one because I did the whole thing in a single day--I worked from about 8 to 4 last night, and then finished it from like noon to 3 today. I need to figure out a way to not get carried away painting because that's a really fucked up work schedule and I'm concerned for my eyes, my wrist, and my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment