Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Thick Lady

 

Experimented with an even simpler coloring style. Did both of these in like 6 hours, which is a lot faster than the previous one. Still not fast enough to do comics, though that'll come with practice. 

The biggest and most important part of my process here was reference. I used two primary reference photos--one by nnnneko666 and one by bunnyrhodes--though I ended up using many more. You can see how useful it was...all hands but the leftmost were drawn with reference and you can see how bad it is compared to the others. Finding good reference is hard, but it's absolutely necessary unless you're a pro at inventing anatomy.

Takeaways/self-crit:

  • The boobs on the left are too huge! I think this came from combining two disparate pieces of reference. I thought it was good until I finished it and came back.
  • My linework is still garbage. Every line I make I crtl-Z it like 5 times or more. This is an awful habit and one I should get to work breaking immediately.
  • Fat is hard to draw! It doesn't connect to bone and muscle in a way I'm used to. This was good practice.

Fat girls, if you're reading this I want you to know that the little hint of tummy that shows on the outside of high leg panties/other lingerie makes me go awooga like a 1950s cartoon character. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment