Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Gender

 

  
 
 
Motivated by some @itttla works to actually make something for once. Probably took 2h total. Really pleased with basically everything here, from design to gesture to hands even.
While I'm constantly growing and practicing, I'm not actually making finished work. Unfortunately I've learned that without that structure to keep me honest, I don't make consistent finished work or even consistently study/sketch and get distracted. There have been months where I've rarely drawn. Drawed? Drew?

The most important thing I learned with this one is that I have to walk before I can run. Backgrounds are cool and IMO really make a finished piece, but if I try to do everything at once I'll end up with nothing at all.

The second most important thing was that I found an inking brush/method that feels good and has a texture I'm happy with.

I'll see if I can scrounge up some sketchbook photos or other studies I've done since my last dump and post them here. Better yet, I should make a habit out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment