Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2019

1HS: #1

One Hour Study #1!
Well this fucking sucks. Time for some hopefully constructive self-crit.

Good:
  • The left thigh is rendered nicely
  • Gesture and anatomy went well
  • I learned about some brushes I like
  • Hands and feet went surprisingly well

Bad:
  • Hue is trash, way too yellowy/muddy
  • Not nearly rendered enough to make visual sense despite giving myself overtime for the face
  • This process isn't working out for me, when trying to render on a singly layer I keep fucking up my older brushstrokes (not that they were any good in the first place :P)
  • It looks bad
  • Value is trash
Takeaway is the next one is going to be pure value study because hue might be too hard for me for now.
This will continue until I feel like it/get super busy/feel like I've learned enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment