Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

1HS #3

Finally, some good okay fucking art!
I'm pretty happy with this, especially for only my third study.


I wanted to study from a heavier model because here we stan all body types and by that I mean I will produce fetishistic art of literally everyone. Which...is a little weird? But I hope people will see it as "hey, that sexy person looks like me" and not "hey, this is creepy and weird".

Also by plus-sized I mean this was kind of the highest-quality erotic reference I could find after looking at pictures of naked women for like an hour. I need to try better/source reference from a better place.

Anyway.
Some takeaways:
  • I made some new brushes, they're pretty good.
  • Good gesture
  • Value is ok but not great--I squinted a little but need to squint even more.
  • Taking advantage of layers and digital tools is great, I don't know why I ruled it out before
  • Drawing an outline first was sooo soooo useful. Do that all the time.
  • I feel like this process is going to be not useful for me when I do comic-style art, which is what I prefer...feel that out more next time. Still, value studies will never go to waste.
  • The airbrush, it turns out, is amazing. This next picture is the first one but after airbrushing for like five minutes.
     
    YOOOOOO
Yeah, this was heartening! Gonna keep working on it.

EDIT: Oh yeah haha I also cheated on this one and took like 30 extra minutes whooops

No comments:

Post a Comment