Pages

Friday, January 5, 2024

2023 Part 2: Sketching

 A lot of my practice this past year was studies that turned into sketches trying to apply that knowledge. You can see some of that here but I mostly saved that for the studies dump.





Yeah, you can see some photo reference work, some InCase studies, etc in these. I think my visual library is straight-up worse than having some kind of reference at least--I think I should make an effort to pull from reference without just copying whenever I'm doing original work. I know this is just kind of doodling but looking back over the last year in totality I think my best work is other peoples' work, which leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Not dissing observation as an artistic skill, but that's insufficient for my personal goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment