Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

2023 Part 4: Studies and Observation

 I did a lot of studying last year, much of which bled into doodles/sketches.





I sort of default to drawing naked people. This means I practice a lot of anatomy and it's useful practice for erotic art, but that means I'm woefully bad with lingerie, normal-ass clothes, cloth, and props (the less said about my background skills, the better). These were part of my work to build clothes of all types, styles, settings, and spicy levels into my visual library.



 


I spent some time last spring sharpening some foundational digital painting skills. I took this forwards into some personal work. The caricatures on image three are really fun I think.

The last one is a copy of an old Jen Zee illustration. I feel like I say this all the time when talking about my inspirations but what a legend! Love her!

 




I am not consistent or clean enough with complex forms and features, so I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and build that visual library. #3 is a lot of InCase studies (I really like his eyes) and #4 was inspired by this video, and specifically the claim that studying cars is a great exercise for curvilinear forms, industrial design, and complex forms in general. Spoilers: He's right!

 I thought this was supposed to be the last 2023 post, but it turns out I have too many studies! More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment